Thought I would bring back this old post of mine. When I created this post, I was still using the EP350 upstairs. Tonight, while I was downstairs messing around with the phase switch on my EP500, trying to see what sounded best, I remembered this old post and how I used the very beginning of the Styx song Renegade to help me find the best phase option.

So, since it was so late and my kids were upstairs sleeping, I could not crank it to loud. I think I had the Denon on about -35dB's. I got out my trusty Radio Shack SPL meter and set it on Fast mode and 60dB setting.

The first time I played the beginning of the song, the phase switch was on 0 (zero). The Thump Thump Thump near the beginning gave me about 60.5dB on the meter. So then I switched the phase to 180, and replayed the beginning of the song. This time the Thump Thump Thump registered 66dB. It sounded much fuller and with more impact, even at such a low volume on the AVR.

What confuses me is the sub driver is pretty much right next to my left main speaker, so I always thought you would use 0(zero) in that case?

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85