The question I have is why do I have to turn my receiver up so far to be able to hear the voices and faint sounds clearly? My receiver's volume starts at -70db and goes to about +10ish (I think) I have performed the Auto setup with the supplied mic from Denon. But I still have to turn it up to -15- -10db's to hear the voices clearly. After the auto setup I found myself straining to hear the voices and Bass. So I manually went in and lowered the signal to each of the speakers other than the center channel. It helped but it doesn't sit well with me to have to crank it as high as it can go to hear well. I also had to maually set my sub to the loudest it would go to acheive the bass I am looking for. Am I wrong to thing something is wrong if I have to crank the volume up from -70db to the teens to get it where it is clear?
I did get the EP350 Sub because of the size of the room. The room is 15X30. Although I am only sitting ~10-12ft from my screen and front speakers. I used the super thick monster cable on the entire set-up. I think it was 12 or 10 gauge.
Another note, I have to set my receiver to 5 channel stereo to hear my cd's and tuner well. Is this just a configuration problem or do I need an Amp? Thanks for any help you can provide.