I posted not to long ago about a Taj Mahal cd, that I had a copy of and wasnt sure if it was a good copy or not. Wid helped me with this question by sending me a new copy. (THANKS WID!!)
I started by playing my old copy in my new Phillips 795 DVD/CD/SACD player and the new copy in my 8-10 year old JVC XL-F254 Cd player.
Starting the players at the same time I switched back and fourth between the two players. Wow! what a difference. I thought that the new copy was much better than the old copy. To me it sounded much more open than the old copy. Problem solved; Right.?
Wrong! I then switched the two copys in the players. It wasnt the differnce in the copys it was the difference in the players. How could this be possible?? My old cd player sounds better than my new DVD/CD/SACD player.?
Both players were in Pure Direct mode. I switched back and fourth many times, not believeing my ears. Why would the new player sound almost muffled and the old player sound more open?
I started this comparison, to find a difference in cd copys only to find a difference in players.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.