I rearranged the room a few days ago to make it more "people friendly" but the sound doesn't seem as good after the move. I popped in the Avia disk and ran through the sweeps with the SPL meter going and had some bad peaks (>10dB) around 100 and 160 Hz, even with the M2s which I *know* are flat in that region.

I measured the room (24 x 13 x 7'4) and stuffed the results into a mode calculator in case the room resonance harmonics were adding up but didn't see any particular problem :

The room is in the basement, floor plan follows. Relative to the following picture, the room has patio doors behind heavy curtains on the left, concrete block behind wood panelling on the right and top, largely open at the bottom.

It's been 25 years since I have run around with test equipment to measure room resonances so everything is rusty but I'm used to seeing *some* kind of relationship between calculated room resonances and observed response. I'm not seeing any kind of pattern here.

Other than sticking in some mid-bass traps, any ideas ? I'm going to do the "subwoofer crawl" to try and fix some low bass peaks but really not sure what to do about the 100 and 160hz peaks. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
John

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8