An update to all my friends in the Axiom forum about the purchase that I was planning for Axioms from Oman.

Apologies for the long thread, but I am very exited with the new set.

My New Axioms arrived on Sunday in perfect condition, I recieved the call at noon that the FedEx guys are waiting at my home. My understanding boss (a nice guy) let me have the rest of the day off. I went home and unpacked the Axioms, they were all in perfect condition.

I should have posted earlier, but was too busy in the office (financial year closing ... etc), and enjoying the speakers in the evenings. I am now the proud owner of the following:

A Pair of M80ti
VP150
2 Pairs QS8

I have a dedicated room, so WAF is not a problem. The wife occasionally wanders in, gives me the 'look' and leaves. I am pretending that I do not get it at all .

I have used the M80's and the VP150 and 2 QS8's (on some books on a shelve) so far. I am planning to setup the QS8's tommorow to get a 7.1 setup with my SVS PC+ 20-39.

I placed the M80s on the side of the projector screen (around 8 feet apart) slightly toed in, with the VP150 in the middle on 2 speaker stands. The QS8's will be fitted to the walls tommorow, with two Pairs going to the sides (5-6 feet high), slightly behind the listening position by 1 feet. The back pair will go on the back wall 8 feet high pointing downwards using Axiom FMB pointing downwards towards the listening position 2 feet apart (there is a big window on the back wall).

I initially had the M80's pointing straight ahead, this caused some problems with imaging. I toed them in slightly, like I learned from reading EVERYTHING that Alan wrote on this website, and imaging improved immensly. For the first time in my music listening life, I nearly swore that the sound was coming from the center speaker and had to check the 3805 to ensure that it is in DIRECT mode not PLIIx mode. The M80's sound sweet and I am glad that I got those instead of the M60's. They are also large and I feel masculing and powerful just looking at them . I am very happy with these, they are the best speakers I have ever owned or listened to in a private home. AND ... they are NOT bright. They sound just right. Even old recordings do not sound THAT bad. My big surprise was when I played the CD "Auberge" by "Chris Rea", this is one of my favourite cd's. The CD is not a prime example of a quality recording. BUT, I never realised that the voice of Chris Rea was this deep. Other CD's, pink floyd, eric clapton, lara & reyes, ottmar liebert, diana krall ... etc, all sounded wonderful. I heard detail that I could not hear before. I am very pleased with these speakers. And they are not fatiguing, I listened for more than 10 hours in the first day and reasonable volume and have not experienced any discomfort.

The VP150, I placed on 2 speaker stands near each other. Looks nice. But the sound was not so good. After spending a couple of hours reading the manual and some of the Tips and articles in the Axiom site, I flipped them upside down and the sound immediately improved. I also increased the center channel by 1 DB and it is slightly better. I am not very happy yet and I have some fiddling to do to improve the sound (forward / backward repositiong). Speaker sounds good, but speach is not as I would like it to be. I tried StarWars P1, LotR RotK, Gladiator, ... etc. So the VP150 is still a work in progress.

The QS8's will be mounted tomorrow, but from what I hear so far, they sound good. StarWars P1 sounded good.

Oh well, enough for now. I will put in an update when I can and will post some pictures when everything is in place and looking good.

Thanks for all the help ...

Another happy owner ... and another member of the community ..

I cannot respond to posts immediatly because of the time difference .. and because I am listening to something in the dedicated HT room

------ M80, VP150, QS8 Surr, QS8 Back Surr Sunfire Amp -M80, Denon 3805 -all else, SVS 20-39 PC+