The speaks arrived yesterday in a mountain of boxes. My wife was at home at the time. I of course got a call: "Nine boxes? NINE BOXES?" I couldn't figure out why it would be 9 (turns out the 9th box had the grilles for the QS8's), but that wasn't the point. Anyway, by the time I got home, she had actually assembled the QSS speaker stands. She was slowly getting into the whole thing. Anyhoo, I had been waiting for the speakers to set up the new system in general
since I also purchased a Denon AVR-2805 and a new A/V stand.
So I got to work. Cables Cables Cables. Why can't they make SACD digital? 6 analog cables for 5.1. Geesh. OK. Setup complete at 10PM (we had pressing engagements in between. BTW, I don't get it: I ordered all FO products. I scoured every inch of every speaker and could NOT find a single blemish. If these didn't pass Axiom's QA, I can only imagine
what "A-stock" looks like!

So, fire up some music. Sub needs more placement work. Still does. First impressions are that the M22's disappear and leave you with sound hanging in thin air. Wonderful! EP350 has serious testicularity; just need to place it correctly. My wife came by and stated "I hear instruments I didn't know were part of that song."

Next, LOTR-FOTR. And I quote: "But, MAMMA, the QS8's are astonishing." Wow. I got paranoid and had to open the eyes in back of my head to watch for the creatures coming to get me. Stupid Orcses. VP150 is clear and colorless and so far I have no off-axis problems. And at low after-1 AM volumes, everything was clear as a bell. And the 350 still caused the floor to move.

So after a sort of fire it up and quickly Auto-Setup process, the system already impresses. I will spend most of
today moving speaks and subs, running through Avia, and listening, listening, listening. A true "audition" and pictures will be forthcoming after everything is set and broken in.

Well done Axiom!

"There's too many notes!" M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 AVR-2805 SCD595 Panasonic DVD-S35