Chesseroo...actually I had NO IDEA that ANY of the speakers I was auditioning had metal dome tweeters. I just listened. I wasn't even thinking about this issue. In fact, I didn't even KNOW that this issue would come into play! I was being given a pragmatic education with my ears. There's no way I was biased.

In fact, it was the audio shop owner that had to explain to me why these speakers sounded so bright compared to the Acoustic Energies. They also mentioned that speakers that have more pronounced bass will 'mask' a brighter sounding tweeter in general. Unfortunately, I'm only in the market for bookshelves so functionally I'm thinking only a tower speaker could mask the high frequencies (such as your M60's might, I suspect) at this price range.

Essentially the only thing that I was concerned about was price/performance when I came to this shop. All I had in mind was...these speakers I listen to better impress me SO MUCH that I won't buy Axiom (because Axioms are cheap for such high quality).

I would disagree with your the phrase in your response...'you appreciate a dulled-down high frequency'...I wouldn't have even given these speakers a second thought if I thought they were dull. Trust me, I'm a musician, so I know what a dull high frequency sounds like in a mix. I would describe the treble as warm and smooth but still hitting solid on cymbal crashes and the like. If you want dull treble range just listen to Bose Acoustimass . There is nothing 'layed-back' about the high frequency here. It's just 'different' than metal domes if you catch my drift. In fact, I would say that probably most people like metal dome tweeters such as you do. If you look on the 'net more speakers have them than not!! Speaker manufacturers aren't stupid, they give the crowd what they want.

Yet and still, you seem to like the sound of your QS8's, so you'd say I should try 'em right?