I also just "re-up'd" and added to my M60 fronts and VP150 center. I now have 4 QS8s and an EP500 on the way. Ya baby! Can't wait!

I have a similar wiring problem, as we are on a slab on the first floor with finished rooms all around and above. My old wiring (18ga)was under the carpet and drove a pair of Klipsch Heresy's (4ohm) on stands for the old rear surrounds.

I installed crown molding to hide the new wires (which has sure helped the WAF...) with 5 way binding posts at all the proper places in the wall. I'm using 14ga wire from HD and banana plugs from GLS Audio. I don't have the new surrounds yet, but I do have the new wiring done and have hooked the 20 year old Heresy rears. The audio clarity difference is very obvious. 18ga to 14ga, but about twice the length plus 4 plugs. I didn't expect the wiring to help that much, but the surprise was a pleasant one!

My sub placement is somewhat limited, and must be located in the back of the room. I converted RCA plugs to RG6 and routed the RG6 up, around the crown and down too... Sure hope that works out. I've been told that it should be just fine by a number of DIYs.

--Pete