Craig:

I am envious of your purchase. My situation is not that pressing. I currently have a Sony 36" WEGA with a nice picture. When I go plasma, I am going big - like 65 inches plus. My current dream TV is the commercial Panny TH-65PHD7UY. It lists for over 15k, but I would not want to spend more than 4 or 5k on a TV (sounds stupid to some to spend this much I am sure - but when you see these TV's it doesn't seem stupid). Anyway, www.visualapex.com was selling this unit for about $10,400 a couple of months ago. Now they are listing it for $9,495. Still too much money but progress nonetheless.

I just love the brightness and picture quality of plasmas, although SED (Toshiba and Canon product introduced at this years CES) sounds really neat, too. I really want to hang my next big TV on the wall.

With more technologies and more competition, prices will drop - you just never know how fast. I have no problem waiting 3 years or so if necessary.

Just out of curiosity, what are you using for your HD signals (cable, dish, OTA)?

Enjoy the view!

Pete