Well I typed a bunch of stuff and pressed continue and then lost all of it because I wasn't connected.

For those that didn't fully comprehend what I was trying to do I'll reiterate. I wanted to plug a cable from the back of my sound card into a 3.5mm jack or a RCA jack in the wall behind my computer. The jack would be connected to an identical jack in the family room behind my stereo where and additional cable would connect it to my receiver's digital coaxial input. I've read the messages from ecoustics.com and I'm still not sure if or when this would get sound from an Audigy2 soundcard's digital out to come out of all speakers in a 5.1 speaker setup. Here is one part that I wasn't sure if it were true or not "use the yellow not the white or red as coax should be no less than 75ohm for quality reasons". I thought that the compposite video cable was the same as the left/right audio cables and that it made no difference if you used the yellow for audio and/or the red for video. I also didn't understand what the different segmented parts of a 3.5 mm plug were used for. I'll just have to experiment and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for your help.