Me downstairs neighbor just put in some built-in bookshelves and bought a 43 inch DLP. She's next looking to purchase a home theater. She's turned to me for some advice. Naturally, I suggested the Axioms to her.

She wants bookshelf speakers, and the built-ins will not allow for the M22s (not enough vertical room). I'm suggesting that she purchase the M2s to go all the way around her room (5.1) and go with a good sub (Hsu probably).

This will keep her costs down. She also doesn't want to wall mount the surrounds, so I am recommending that she buy the direct firing M2s to match the fronts - since (IMO) direct firers are a little easier to place on existing tables, furniture etc. than the Q series.

My question mainly is: Should she get the VP100 or stick with the M2 for the center?

My thoughts were that placing the M2s all aroudn might make for a nicely matched system (shielding is not an issue for several reasons). Also, the M2s go a little lower than the VP100.

She'll be placing all three fronts in her bookshelf (yikes, I know, but it is unavoidable...).

Any thoughts on the VP100 vs. the M2 for the center?