So as some of you know i got the M80's ive had em for just about a month now and really love them (of course) Well. lastnight i was searching audioasylum speaker room for everything axiom and came across numerous posts about upgrading the xover in axiom and Michahura(sp?) speakers people claimed they looked over the axiom xovers and found cheap parts and stuff. And i know that this has been brought up before with replacing the capacitors in the xover. I think this option is a good idea... Are you ready for this? Have an upgrade option of the high end xover. Call it the Xtreme Xover upgrade. Using the highest quality parts and good 12 gauge wire for the internal wiring. Axiom could make these and sell them as an aftermarket mod to those who want it ( us "audiophiles" ) i would be willing to pay 100 bucks a pair for the upgraded xovers if i thought they would bring a noticable improvement. I think if you asked everyone here who owns the M80's and the others with xovers if they would pay to make a great speaker better would they?? the anwser would be yes! I really love my m80s and know that when they were designed they had sound in mind but i imagine they also had price in mind. I would be intersted in hearing someone who has upgraded their xover caps with black gate or whatever the good ones are and internal wiring with some 12 gauge stuff and seeing what the results were.

Just an idea. but if you can make a good thing better. why wouldnt you!