my wife bought the new collectors edition of 'A Bugs Life' this weekend, and we watched it last night. shannons sister and her sisters boyfriend, and one of shannons college girlfrinds are staying with us for a few days during spring break, and they wanted to watch a movie. so i put in 'bugs life', and once again, was really blown away by the surrounds in this movie.

it starts with the opening THX demo, but it is different than anyone i have seen before. pretty neat, with even better effects than the cows on nemo. the movie itself, great sound effects. the ambient noise coming from the bushes/trees/wind/crickets/birds/etc. you just feel like you are in a forest. and the QS8's really get some work in the scenes where the 'bugs' are flying around the TV screen. i almost went to get a fly-swatter. very impressive, definitely a movie to use as a demo.

everyone was impressed and surprised by the difference a good HT makes. shannons college friend even said she has watched this movie several times with her nieces, but the HT really added a new element. she said the grasshoppers were even MORE scary. thats what i am talkin about!!

anyway, just thought i would share. its always cool when you get to see the faces light up of people that havent heard a good HT before. sometimes i get so used to it, i forget just how awesome it is..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??