Greetings AudioHolics,

I only recently heard of Axiom speakers while browsing other sites, but the M3's have really piqued my interest.

I'm currently in college and living in a rather small apartment, living room/kitchen is roughly 12' x 20' and also functions as my bedroom.

Right now I've got a pair of Bose 201's powered by a pioneer VSX-D812. Nothing great, but adequate. My biggest qualm with the Bose speakers is a lack of bass. That and the tweeters have some issues with distortion at a certain high frequency.

My system is used almost exclusively for music. I listen to everything from Alternative to Classical. Pretty much everything except country music. Also, the speakers are mounted on one of the long walls, so I'm only sitting about five or six feet away from them.

Anyway, to my question. It has to do with the fact that the M3's are rear ported. Right now, my speakers are about 1.5" from the wall. What's a ballpark minimum distance that the M3's need to "breathe"?

From what I've read, these should sound awesome compared to my Bose speakers and give me some of the bass I've been missing. I'm just worried that if I have to pull them out too far, they're going to end up behind me.;)

Thanks in advance.