hello all...being a Paradigmite and not an Axiomite I thought I would add my 2 cents. I know, I know...who let me in the door, but everyone IS entitled to their opinion.

When shopping around for a HT system I auditioned both Paradigm Monitor 3s and Axiom M22s (A/B comparision) and preferred the former. My budget required me to go with bookshelf fronts and I found the sound of paradigms was fuller(to me). Yes, the M22 were clearer (but not by much and certainly not hands down) it took quite a bit of flipping (A/B -blind)to come to that uncertain conclusion. Also the game plan is to eventually move into a bigger space and have the Monitor 3s as solely a 2 ch system for music and replace them with either Monitor 7s or 9s for HT. I did not feel that the M22 on their own produced enough bass, they almost definitely require a sub and therefore would not be a suitable choice.

All that said, GuyintheTV: if you are looking solely for clarity than I do recommend the M22s, but unlike the axiomites that have responded to your post, I feel it is a matter of personnal preference and set-up rather than which one is the better speaker.