Thanks for your advice, chesseroo,

Actually, my current plan is to keep my venerable Hales Design Group "System Two" floor-standing speakers which I love as the L/R mains, and add the Axiom center / sub / surrounds to construct a 5.1 setup. So, I figured that in the (hopefully) unlikely event that I cannot find any Axiom owner in the DFW area, I would first order the VP150 center speaker alone and see if its tonal character matches with my Hales reasonably well. I understand that tonal matching between the 3 front channels is usually the most critical aspect for a successful mixed-brand 5.1 setup, right?

Just as a side, my Hales speakers are already 10+ years old, but when they were released they got rave reviews for their accurate, detailed and transparent sound as well as for their lazor-sharp imaging, which I entirely agree with and cherish. They were also characterized by review magazines as having an unusually flat measured frequency response both on- and off-axis (at least for the standards 10 years ago). From what I have read about the Axioms, I am hopeful that they will make a good match with my Hales. Has anybody here ever listened to one of Hales' models???

My thanks goes to Marc, too -- I will try to post on hometheaterforum.com as well.