Sushi, my own music listening is essentially classical only. On occasion I borrow pop CDs to check reports of poor recording quality, which often turned out to be accurate. All music should benefit from speakers which have very wide frequency response, wide dispersion and low distortion; classical music doesn't have any unique requirements. If a significant part of your listening includes low organ notes, you would want main speakers and/or a sub with very extended bass response.

I use M22s in a stereo setup without a sub for much of my classical listening. As I've said before, the mid-range and treble are extraordinarily accurate and are as good as any speakers I've heard, regardless of price. In-room bass response is usable down to about 40hz, as determined from a test-tone CD, and is good enough for nearly all recordings. A sub would be required for the lowest(20-40hz)octave of bass.

This very accuracy has resulted in some complaints of "brightness" or even "harshness" about Axioms, but I've established to my satisfaction that this occurs only on poorly recorded pop items with a pumped-up mid-range and/or treble designed to be more impressive on mediocre equipment. For well-recorded performances the Axiom M2, M22, M60 and M80, depending on your needs, will give you exceptional performance at a very reasonable price.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.