Hmmm. Based on your room size the M22s would be more than enough, particularly for a primarily HT system. If you're going to be playing a lot of music (especially "loud") that would be where the M60s might be preferable... and you're right about the looks.

Do you already have good stands or would you be buying new stands ? I'm asking because good stands do close the price gap between M22s and M60s quite a bit.

If your system is going to be primarily for movies I would stay with M22s and hold out for an EP350. The price difference is pretty small, I think. Note that VP100 would also be fine for your room size if that lets you get an EP350 now rather than 175 and upgrade later...

re: QS4 vs. QS8 I don't know what to say there. I ended up going with QS8s but that was partly because I knew I would be moving the system to a larger room in the future. Might have gone with a VP150 as well but budget, you know...

I have seen several reviews that indicate the VP100 and VP150 sound pretty much identical (but the VP150 can handle larger rooms), haven't seen any similar comparisons between QS4 and QS8.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8