Craig, that Emo remote is a re-badged MX-500. It's a very good remote. The MX-700 is just a step up, in that you use a computer program to create the setup, and then download the setup to the remote, kinda like the RDES. Although, knowing how computer challenged you are, in your case, that may not be an asset. .

The 850 is basically the same as the 700, only it has RF capability as well as IR, a redesigned "Select" button, and laser etched buttons. The RF capability makes it more versatile if you have your equipment hidden out of sight, since the RF signal can go through cabinet doors, and even walls, while IR is line of sight communication.

Download the MX Programming Manual and the MX Editor Software, install the software on your computer and fool around with it. I found it helpful to print the manual, although it's 71 pages including the Table Of Contents, and Index. Needless to say, I printed on both sides of the page. I just find it easier to read a hard copy than a computer version.

Call me anytime and I'll try to answer any questions you may have. It will be easier to explain on the phone than by email. Anything I can't help you with, Ray can. He's a big liar. He taught me everything I know, which is why my remote is all screwed up!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton