In reply to:

To continue with the hijack, in my early days I used to race at Niagara, St. Thomas and Cayuga Dragways. Nothing too exotic first a 1966 Chevy Nova and then a 1969 Camaro Z28.

I'm a big fan of most forms of autoracing especially F1 and drag racing. I was shocked to hear of this accident, I've never heard of anything like it before and hopefully never will.

I was watching the qaulifying from Houston today, what about WJ after last season's slump! Ford, unlike you, I have never raced but have always been a big fan of most forms of racing. Was right there in Gainsville whenever Shirley dusted off 'Big Daddy' back in the early 80's and John Force was just making the scene...cool stuff! I had a good friend that raced the division bracket classes, even tried his hand at Pro Stock 'till the money ran out and having enough of his fanny getting spanked on a weekly basis. I spent enough time at our local track to see all kinds of weird stuff but the accident in Tulsa really blew my mind, makes me wonder about a kill switch activated by the tower? The forces posed upon the driver in the pro classes are unreal from what I'm told, seems like a smart idea.

RIP Shelly and Brian.

Rick
Our Room

smile