I'm convinved that room treatments would benefit most rooms...especially mine. For me, the real issues are the aesthetics and price.

I deal all week with people that think video "production" is silly because anyone can just get a camcorder and some $99 software and produce great (!!) results, so I'm especially sensitive to being arrogant-sounding here, but:

I don't understand what's involved in producing most of the sound treatment products I see out there to justify their price. I researched acoustic treatments fairly heavily (both isolation and diffusion) when building my soundbooth in the studio and I just don't see how some of these panels sell for $200~$400 each. I've also been to the websites with instructions for building your own. Often, in those cases the aesthetics and end results are not as good as commercially-available products.

I would love to treat my room, but if I'm looking at $600~ $1,000 worth of products that don't look good in my room, I guess I just have to learn to love what I've got. Seems like there just isn't a realistic, happy solution, save building a room from scratch.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::