I am not an electrician either, but I never thought having that much equipment on one circuit would be a safe thing to do. Maybe if you are operating this stuff all at different times, but not all at once.

It seems that there is an awful lot of info out there on the proper power cords and wire capacities and such in regards to amplifiers, sound systems and components.

Does that mean nothing, if you go and overload a single circuit trying to provide power to three seperate amps totalling up to 2000 watts of power and then to try to also power the TV and any other equipment in use. If you don't have enough going in, then you will most certainly not have enough to go out either.

How many high power items are good on a singe circuit. In a kitchen they don't want the single outlets to be powering 2 items at a time, so they wire 1 circuit to each side of the outlet . They are on a 15 amp circuit.

Do they actually recommend putting a complete ht stereo system on a 15 amp circuit?

I maybe a little overboard in my wiring thoughts but it does work out to only 2 items per outlet, mind you they all won't run at once. Maybe only the receiver and it's amp, along with the sub and it's amp and the 3 channel amp for the mains, with a couple others powered at the same time. Seems like a lot to me. Maybe not too much amperage wise, I don't know, "That is why I'm asking for advise here".

I can't see hooking up 8 seperate Ht components to one circuit. It would be a snake pit and possibly a hazard.

I could be wrong here and a little excessive but I want to be safe and sure that everything has the power required to perform to it's full. potential.

If my thinking is wrong, I stand to save a few dollars and learn a bit along the way.

Thanks for your input,
Troy

M80 VP150 4-QS8 EP600 Monitor Audio S8 NAD T 773 Anthem MCA3 II Hitachi 57" projection