Man, your options on tubes are nearly boundless. First of all, they can be had in the 32" 4:3, non hi-def style by the truckload at bargain bin prices. Second, because the tube technology is well established an a mature technology, you have a little more flexibility with regard to which manufacturer to choose from. Lastly, since the advancements in technology have been in realms other than tubes as of late, you can buy a slightly older set and not worry about the technological leap-frogging that is goign on in the DLP, LCD, Plasma world.

That said, I couldn't be happier with my Sony Wega. I have the 27" tube, and the pictureis absolutely stunning, especially with DVD content. The de-interlacer is pretty tremendous and it has a 16:9 "squeeze" function to get every last pixel of data from your dvd's. I bet if you looked, you could find a bargain on one of these.

In the alternative, check out this site, out of Virginia. They sell a lot of Smasung tubes that have been refurbished. I've bought two sets from these guys, and have been very happy with both the quality of the product and their customer service.