on your cd player, make sure and verify that your bass managament is properly set. you may need to adjust where the crossover point is. once you go with SACD's, it will override the settings that you have in the receiver, and use the ones in the cd player. also, pull up the cd/dvd player menu, and make sure the SACD is enabled.. a lot of times from the factory, the setting is set to OFF.

once you get the disc playing, you will need to select the proper input on the receiver.. the 601 should be just like my 701.. i believe on the remote, right below the channel buttons(on left), there should be a button that say "audio sel" or "audio inp".. you will need to push that button til your receiver reads 'multichannel'. i believe it will go thru your other inputs like analog, optical 1, optical 2, etc.. just go to the one thats says 'mulitchannel', and you should be good to go. and make sure that you push that button back to optical 1, or whatever you main input is when you are done listening. good luck, and hope that helps.

PM me later if you are having any issues hooking up or with the receiver.. i will check it a couple of times this evening.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??