I ran into a couple of problems with this, unless I am just missing something.

1. My coax in on the receiver (Onkyo SR600) looks like a regular connection that a composite or component video would plug into. It does not accept a cable wire directly from the wall. Perhaps there is an adapter I can get for this?

2. Even if there is an adapter, the cable would be split. One input to the TV, the other to the receiver. How would the receiver know what audio tv channel to play? Would I run the audio outs on the receiver into the audio in on the TV? The tuner is still on the tv though, so it seems I would need to hit that first.

I'm currently running audio through the VCR, but it's old and not HIFI, so I only get mono output. If I nothing else will work I guess I could get a Y adapter to split the mono signal from the vcr so at least it outputs to both front speakers in mono.

I don't really want to upgrade the VCR, since I don't use it much already...just to watch the rare TV show I record. A TV upgrade to what I would want is not in the budget now. Perhaps a cheap cable box with AV in/out connections?

Any ideas, or am I just overlooking something.

Thanks in advance.

Zarak