If any of you are like me, you tried to program a universal remote with all your devices, but the functionality just isn't there, so you end up using the individual remotes for things like your PVR, XBox, etc.

Just bought a Harmony 680 remote to replace my array of coffee table remotes.

These smart remotes are absolutely unbelievable. Using their website, you enter all the devices (make and model) that you have. Their website has a database of the IR codes for most devices (other devices can be learned). Next, you add activities like "Watch PVR", "Watch a Movie", "Listen to the Radio", or "Play XBOX". You can tweak all the buttons, and add custom buttons that appear on the LCD screen. The configuration is stored on their website and downloaded via USB to the remote.

Hitting "Watch a Movie" will turn on the Receiver, DVD, and TV, and select the appropriate input on the receiver. Devices not in use are turned off (if desired).

To my surprise, my 12 year old SONY 5 disk CD player which didn't come with a remote, can now be controlled with the Harmony. I can see adding some Lutron IR light dimmers so that the lights will dim when I press "Watch a DVD".

The best part is my wife and daughter had no problems with it at all.

If you are looking to consolidate/simplify remotes for your home theatre, look no further than the Logitech Harmony remotes.

Very high kewlness factor!

BarilkoBart