I am currently planning on buying a 61" 1080P HD TV. It will probably be a Samsung, although I am not fixed on that brand. I have already bought and assembled the TV stand, so I am READY!! Besides, my old Sony 46" widescreen is on its last legs, and the wife wants a new one. Isn't that GREAT???? Already have wife approval!!!!

I have been following the AVS Samsung forum so I could keep informed as to the projected delivery date and any potential issues. The following is the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=493443&perpage=20&pagenumber=171

There are almost 200 pages of posts. Wow!!!

Anyhow, some of the new owners of the current 720P sets are reporting "lip sync" when then connect from their source, through the surround receiver, and then to the TV. The issue seems to be the time that the TV video processor takes to do its thing introduces a time delay. I don't know if the same issues will be with the 1080P sets when they are introduced next month, or not. They claim that there will be a new light engine and additional processing. But, who knows?????

In any case, do any of you use HT receivers or seperates that have variable time delay that can compensate for this so called "lip sync?" If so, what is the brand and model?

As an aside to a post I made on another thread, there happens to be a Rotel dealer where I live. I went by the store late this afternoon to see the gear, first hand. I asked him about the programmable delay. He didn't know for sure but thought some of their units did, and offered to call Rotel on Monday and give me a call when he had the answer. I took him up on his offer. I also got one of the Rotel brochures. I noticed, looking at the Rotel website, that their units did not appear to have HDMI input/ output connections. He confirmed that. Do any of you know if Rotel is going to offer HDMI switching?

Any comments would be appreciated.

The Rat.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV