well i just purchased the anthem mca30 amp. i hooked it up to my onkyo tx-sr701 the other day. all i can say is wow. i was a little worried about it not sounding better at all or the same as it did but the money spent on this amp was well worth it. i had recently bought the animals cd in sacd. poped it in when i had it set up. all i can say is eric burdens vocals on the track house of the rising sun sent shivers through my spine. it sounded just like i was in the front row of the concert. but the biggest improvment with this amp is movies. the movie sound tracks just come to life. i watched end of days and it was just excellent. its way more clear then it ever was before. i liked how it sounded before with just my reciever but adding this amp surprised me big time. i just put in an order for another mca30 for my surrounds. debating right now weather to get the avm30 pre pro also. i now the amp is worth every cent but do you think the pre pro would make a big difference also. i have the amp hooked up through my pre outs but only with rca jacks. the sales guy said the pre pro would be worth it just for the xlr inputs. but he is a sales men so i don't now. do you think adding the pre pro would be a good idea.