Actually, if you look at the M50/M60 war, what you'll find, is:

One side says "It's" a tenth of a per cent "This Way"
The other side says, it's a tenth of a per cent "That Way"

(And it's almost that close!)

And, it is all in fun!(which is why were all here in the first place!)After all, how much fun would it be to discuss differences....if there were no differences!

Now, if you want to see a "War" Ask about "Speaker Break-In"!!!

I would like to add one thing about the M50/M60 question though:

And that's the cost. The M50 is just as "Expensive" as the M60!! It just has fewer expensive components to buy!

One less 5.25" mid-woofer.

one less port.

Less weight for shipping.

And(assuming the picture is actually incorrect-or else I recieved "old" speakers)a less intricate terminal pad, and a less complex crossover network. Because...if the M50 is like my M3s there is no finicky crossover network tying the tweet to the mids! In other words: "Internally bi-wired!" How cool is that?! Just the mid-woofs runnin' free and a couple of simple, teensy components tying the tweet to the over-all speaker level!(Elegant!!)

Oh, and speaking of my M3s: Part of the reason I purchased my M50s was because of buying M3s back in the days when the M3 was the darling of the Axiom set. There were literally dozens of "Professional" tests of the M3 individually, and in additional tests refering to the M3s as "reference monitors" for the testing of other components. M3s were a qualified "No-Brainer" in those days, and really should be remembered for how good they really are, even today when the emphasis is on more detailed, "Performance" designs.

So, buying M50s was, in my case at least, based on the sound of a speaker that I hoped would be a good sonic match to speakers I'd already purchased and had never had an evil sound from.

In fact, the M50s "May" sound just a bit better than the M3s!

By the way...I use an inverted M3 as center, and two more as surrounds-a perfect match! And they have no trouble filling my 16x27 listening room!

Yup, it's all good.
Rich.