thanks everyone for the input. I would still be very much interested in others opinions. So if I am reading everyone's quotes correctly everyone so far believes the sound of the axioms is better than in the theater and the 500 should be more than enough to be able to feel the base without having it cranked up to where my ears will bleed? Also hopefully down the road I have the opportunity to finish my basement. So these speakers will ultimately be moved down in the basement. I would like to build a theater style room there when I get the chance.
Moving on. What color does everyone favor? I am single so I get to make all the decisions, but I have NO skills in that department. I am leaning toward the Mansfield Beach, but some others in my family have said I wouldn't want them to dominate my space. Some said black. For some reason to me, in the pictures I see. The black finish doesn't look polished to me? I don't want to sound inappropriate, but they just don't look as refined as I think they should in black. Do they look better in person? Are the pictures just misleading?
I guess I will take an unscientific pole. Let me know who likes what.

thanks

7.1 theater room
60 fronts vp180 center 4 qs8's ep500 sub

3.0 tv room
m3's vp150 center