Blurb on my basement is rehashing old information. I had pictures posted long ago but for a refresher i will list some detail.
16'x18' room with 8' drop ceiling, thin carpet over cement floor, finished wood stud walls, single layer drywall over fiberglass insulation and vapour barrier. Furnishings include the big screen tv, two large plush chaise loungers, book stacks to one side in wood boxes and open to the stairs and a hallway to the right.

Speaker placement was as shown (bookshelf models were placed on top of the M40 and M60 according to their height differences) but there are two listening positions, 12' back, so the left right shift shouldn't do much as the soundstage was excellent with both speakers in the set positions. These auditions were done semi-blind (closing ones eyes) and the speakers were so different that telling them apart was easy. Moving the volume dial fast enough was more of a challenge so the line leveling switcher would be a bonus. I'm keeping my eye out for a used Russound unit.

I think it best that you come over for an audition of the Tannoys. I'm not hauling 180 lbs of speaker to your new house dammit. I'm going to take the M60s upstairs for a comparison later this week. Once and for all i should know how the detail compares between the Tannoys and the M60s.

Last edited by chesseroo; 06/15/05 02:18 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."