I am not mechanically inclined at all, but I am trying. I hope this is good for a laugh for some of you.

I am trying to set up my new receiver to my dvd player, dish network sat and my samsung tv before my speakers arrive next week. In the directions on my receiver (pioneer vsx 1015) it states to use digital optical cable for my sat. I do not have one, but will buy one tomorrow. Then it states to use a digital coax for the dvd player. I got that already. Then it states to use a digital coax from my monitor out on the receiver to the tv. This is where my problem lies. My tv has input for s video or component video. I do not see anything labeled Video in on my TV for digital cable. My receiver has a monitor out for component video or s video but I cannot seem to find any audio out on the receiver for these. I am assuming (yes I know I shouldn't assume) that using either the s video or component on my tv, I will still need audio out for sound on my TV.

Also, I am noticing in my TVs manual, that they talk about connecting to a DVI or DVT without a mention really of what it is other that my TV can use digital form using a 25 pin cable if I have a dvi box. I do not have a 25 pin on my receiver. Do I need this box to go digital or even have sound to my tv? Will my new speakers pick up the sound without audio cables to the TV?

I know it is a stupid question but would appreciate any help.

Mike