Depends on how long you were willing to wait, I guess. There's an argument that even if you have a digital feed to the TV at the native resolution of the TV display the TV needs to resample the signal anyways in order to make it line up exactly. I have no idea if this is true but if so it makes me question whether jumping to a digital feed today is going to buy us very much.

In my (admittedly ignorant in this area) personal opinion we will need to go through two generations of "fully digital" before the industry settles down.

Right now we have TVs, receivers and players which all are designed to resample and rescale as needed to mix and match with other equipment. We need to get to the point where there is some agreement on where in the chain all that stuff goes, so that either TVs can become little more than fixed frequency monitors, or players can just play at their native resolution, or receivers don't have to do all the mixing and matching.

I don't think the next generation is going to be "the one", if only because there doesn't seem to be an obvious answer re: where the redundant processing should be taken out.

I would enjoy my component system and not worry about it.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8