Yes, I qualify in both areas.

My first introduction to Axiom was in approx 1990, when there was a limited network of Axiom dealers. I demo'ed the 2,3 and 5 model, and was about to buy the 2's. When I went to get them, they did not have them, substituted the 3's at the same price as the 2's, and I started down the audio path.

I visited the Axiom factory shortly after - yes, I still have not scanned and posted the pic's...bad Mike!!!!

I then found a pair of AX2's at a garage sale, they were quite destroyed, and I upgraded then. This is where the lifetime warranty came in handy, and I replaced all the drivers in the 2's and my 3's. I passed them on to another person who enjoys them today.

I really enjoyed the sound of the 2's - clean, detailed...pretty much the descriptions that are lauded on the newer models. The 3's added a quasi dedicated sub integrated into the main cabinet, but within its own cabinet.

My one question would be are the models you are discussiing in square or ASW cabinets? There was at one point a bookshelf, and a larger floorstanding (almost) model. I am still looking for an old brochure I received when I bought my AX3's. Axiom also offered real veneer finishes in the Reference lineup...and as mentioned lifetime warranties.