Due to the constraints of my listening area, my surrounds are not placed idealy. Ideally, they should be placed on the side walls beside the listening position directly across from one another. I have mine placed on the side walls, roughly 6'high, but not exactly across from one another. Judging by sight, I would say the back edge of the left surround is directly across from the leading edge of the right surround. This was as close as I could get them to being directly across from each other as the left wall ends prematurely and opens up into the front entry way.

I have two seating positions in the room...the couch and the computer desk at the back of the room. The back edge of the couch is roughly a foot in front of the left surround so sitting there I am not directly beside either surround. At the computer chair, I am behind both surrounds...maybe 2' behind the right surround. The surruonds are bipolar (Wharfedale Evo DFS) so maybe that makes tolerances less crucial. The system sounds just fine to me; but I can't help but wonder what I am missing if things were 'ideal'.

I have thought of buying some stands to mount the surrounds and then I would be able to place them directly across from one another at either sitting position. I also have pondered placing them on the back wall.

I can always experiment with rear wall placement or with speaker stands; but I don't want to spend any money to buy speaker stands or new lengths of surround wire (which I would have to do to mount them on the back wall) without first getting some opinions. Thanks.