I send this to SVS support, but thought that I would run it past the "pros" here.

Here is what I sent them (with some modifications)...
I bought my 20-39 PCi sub back in November of last year (when I bought my awesome Axioms), and I just love it!

I have a question though. Last night (actually early this morning around 6AM) for no apparent reason, I was woken up by a loud, low "hum" (not low grounding loop hum) but like something was sending a VERY loud, low test tone to the subwoofer. My sub is in my basement, and we have a 2 story house. It was enough to wake me up, and when I started going down to the first floor, I could actually FEEL the bass. Not that feeling the bass is unusual, but when the system is off, it sure was odd.

I made it to the basement and turned off the sub right away (it was on Auto) I checked everything, and the crossover on the sub was set at 80, the volume as at about 50%. The receiver (a Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX) was off, and there seemed to be no reason for the bass to kick in.

Even though I bought the sub (and actually all equipment) in November/December 2004, I didn't use them regularly until about 2 months ago when I finished my home theater. I am using good quality wiring and have never had anything strange like this happen before.

Any ideas? Anything I should check? I really don't want to have to turn the sub on and off every time I watch a movie, but right now that looks like the only sure fire way to make sure I don't damage the sub.

Farewell - June 4, 2020