Hey brigman, thanks for the response.

In reply to:

If you don't have a lot of cushy wall and floor treatments (do you have carpet / rug ?) then you might find the 50s are a better match for the room acoustics. The 60s are a little more "forward" than the 50s.

The 50s might be a better match here then. It's a fair sized room with hardwood floors and a lot of glass (though there are drapes). There's a small rug, a couple of leather sofas and a large stone fireplace at the opposite end of the room.

Given all that though, the Paradigms do sound quite good in here and I'm not disappointed with them in any way. In fact one could ask why I'm bothering to upgrade (I know my wife has ), and I guess the answer is simply that I've got the bug, I've got a little money and well, you know how it is

In reply to:

Are the living room, dining room and kitchen "all one room" or do they just have passageways between them ?

They are kind of in between: the living room is connected to the dining room via a passageway, but there's also a "partial" wall that has what looks like a big window without any glass in between (kinda hard to describe, but it's mostly open).

The dining room is completely open to the kitchen but there's a bar separating the two.

My music preferences are primarily: Jazz, blues, classical and a bit of rock (though less and less these days - I am severely disappointed with the quality of some of the rock recordings today...)

Bill