Yeah, no sweat, I'm not offended. I knew it was a longshot that more than 2 people would even be able to respond. Heck, one replied and the other PM'ed me.

I'm sure if I asked about the HK7300 or Outlaw 990, this'd be 30 pages already.

2x6, thanks for the recs. I was actually in contact w/ Kevin re: some ASL mono blocks. Decided against them, but I actually went to his site because of your Prima Luna rec. I'd LOVE to try that route but it's out of budget. Maybe if I go further w/ tubes, I'll try there Prologue 4 or 5. I like the idea of not have to deal w/ biasing, even though it's not that big of a deal. Although, I do keep stopping by his site to see that Sunfire amp still there...

This tube route is more to continue my analog route I started when getting back to some LPs. I was actually listening to a NOS LP by Dizzy Gillespie and Manchito, it's Afro Cuban Jazz, kind of eclectic sound. (As my wife calls it, crap. Different strokes...) Man, my M22's continue to impress w/ soundstage. W/ my FMS16's, I can reposition them better and it makes a big difference. Even w/ good CDs, I never really just sat and listened to music. But w/ LPs, I can appreciate just the music. Then again, it's a shorter listening session, since LPs only had 4 songs/side.

Bottleheads were a thought, but I work as an engineer and debug for customers. The last thing I want is to debug my own equipment. I'm all for instant gratification.
Hope to get the new Sophia by 4th of July. I'll post my thoughts, though I'm not the best audio reviewer.

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 06/24/05 06:55 AM.