Chess: what you say is only somewhat correct. I started out my question with an "IF!" I fully realize that most of the comments are NOT objective. That does not, however, mean that they are necessarily wrong. We need more information at this point in time to ascetain "ground truth."

I TOTALLY agree with your statement that audio is a religion to some. I just can not believe the number of chalatans out there and the beliefs of some are as wrong as you can technically get.

Perhaps I should restate my question.

Do some of the current receivers power limit or show increased distortion because they are not rated for full power in all channels simultaneously?

I think that is really what I am trying to ask (and it is nice and simple), and it gets away from all the quandry of the FTC specification. I would like to upgrade my receiver to separates, but I don't find anything on the market, currently, that I would purchase. I do like the new Denon 4806.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV