In reply to:

Well, as a 20 yr A/C man, but NOT an electrician, I concur that the sub (or any other) is not the issue. The amperage draw on internal subs is comparable, unless you are getting into huge amps. I would say you may be in an area with significant "browns and spikes" that is big dips and surges in voltage. NOT remedied by a surge protector. I think monster products are over-rated and over-priced, however I use their VOLTAGE STABILIZER, because in the area we live the growth has exceeded the electrical supply. I got this because I witnessed 3 A/C compressor failiers on a 20 ton Trane commerical 3 phase 208/230 volt unit in less than 2 months. Trane brought in engineers from Tyler Tx. They exhusted themselves on these WARRANTY compressors thety had to absorb, they put in a voltage monitoring process. I looked at the readouts, and WOW!

Problem, voltage dips/spikes. That 230 volt went from a low of 168 to a high of 274. Depending on when the compressor (or equipment) is engaged it can, and eventually will be fatal to the equipment. I watch my Monster meters, and they are pretty consistant, then at high demand times they really dance all over the place, but it keeps a consistant 120 volt + or - 1 volt. I had to reset my samsung HD box all the time (10-12 times a month) until I stabilized voltage. It has not happened since. I am not saying to buy a stabilizer, It is more of a area/power co. specific thing. I am just "talking out loud" on your problem. It could be several things, and shilding is NOT an issue at 3ft. or beyound. Bottom line we have way more gagets, computers, large screens, and incredible GROWTH, yet or power grids have remained largly the same for decades. Remember the mass mid-west outages a few years back? Don't know the exact problem, but electrical problems can be a PITA, all that said, it could be as simple as a bad/loose connection on a home depot .70 cent grounded outlet and the bass from the sub is bouncing it and spiking supply voltage...........who knows, be patient, start with the easy "cheap" stuff first.

This is what I would consider to be very useful information for the memory bank. Thanks John.

Rick
Our Room

smile