AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
1 registered (bridgman), 68 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13322 Members
11 Forums
22895 Topics
404600 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17781
pmbuko 16279
SirQuack 13337
CV 11208
MarkSJohnson 10899
Meanwhile On Facebook

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Love this comment from Doug T! "The M22 bookshelf speakers sound so clean and a...

󾓶 Andrew has spoken! Big update on the AxiomPlay Wireless Platform on the Axiom...

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124446 - 01/17/06 03:32 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
blackorp Offline
veteran

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Trying to convert me to the dark side are we. must resist the lower price on the yammie...lol

thanks for the post libbert.
i'll definately take a look at the yamaha 2500 on ebay to see what kind of a deal i can get. It is likely to be 150 dollars cheaper. Very tempting.

#124447 - 01/17/06 03:46 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
JohnK Offline
shareholder in the making

1. Should have plenty of power in most situations; very little difference from the 3805.

2. Sure; two front speakers.

3. Yes; run them in parallel(if impedance permits)using A+B on the main speaker channels, or assign the 6th and 7th back surround channel amps(if not being used for back surround speakers)to power the mains in another room.

4. You should make use of all your speakers, even with 2-channel source material. 2 channel material contains(in varying degrees)ambience which was recorded coming from the sides and back, not front. Processing such as DPLII and Logic 7 does a good job of extracting this ambience from the front and sending it to the surrounds where it belongs.

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#124448 - 01/17/06 08:00 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
In reply to:

4. Now a day, when listening to simply music, do you use only two speakers or all 5.1 speakers?? I am totally new to ht theater and what it can do.

There are two, very dedicated, camps when it comes to this issue. There are many who prefer to listen to music in two channel only, considering it the "purest" way to listen, hearing the music the way it was intended to be heard by those who recorded it. This particular camp is further divided into those with larger speakers with good bass response who prefer to listen to two channels without a subwoofer, and those with either bookshelves or floorstanders who feel the sub really adds something worthwhile.

The second camp is those who find listening to everything in multichannel to be a more enjoyable experience. Like JohnK, I'm firmly ensconced in this group (OH GAD! Again, I find myself agreeing with a graduate from "that school up North," and a lawyer to boot. Have I no shame? ).

My advice to you is, experiment with all options to see which you prefer. There is no "right" or "wrong" when it comes to this issue. Just do what floats your boat.

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

#124449 - 01/17/06 08:10 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Am I nuts (only a rhetorical question, so watch it!), or are there some posts missing from this thread? Rick, I swear that last night I saw a post by you, in this thread, saying you hoped you had not "put me on the spot" by suggesting blackorp ask me about the subs I've owned. Blackorp followed that post with one, indeed, asking me about my subs, and I posted a reply. I don't see those posts now. Am I merely having a "senior moment," or have I finally gone over the edge? (no wise cracks from the peanut gallery, now! )

#124450 - 01/17/06 09:09 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.
No Jack that reply was made in this thread .

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#124451 - 01/17/06 09:15 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Whew! Only a senior moment, thank heaven. Thanks Rick. You gotta stop making the same post in different threads. It's very confusing to old people.

#124452 - 01/17/06 09:15 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
RickF Offline
axiomite

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Yep, I do believe this would indeed be considered a very 'senior moment' Jack.

smile

#124453 - 01/17/06 09:23 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Wid Offline
axiomite

Loc: The Peoples Republic of Il.

Not to make fun of you Jack but I did get a pretty good chuckle out of that .

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#124454 - 01/17/06 09:24 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Ajax Offline
axiomite

C'mon! A little slack here. Both threads started by Blackorp, and two nearly identical posts suggesting the same thing. Anybody could make that mistake. Well................OK...................anybody over 55. For pete's sake! Rick is MUCH younger than I, and he's already repeating himself. By the way, aren't there some posts missing in this thread?

#124455 - 01/17/06 09:29 AM Re: urgent: need help deciding a receiver by tomor
Ajax Offline
axiomite

Rick, make fun all you want (I hope you know that I honestly don't mind. I can see the humor in it, too. It's nothing I have any control over, so I don't worry about it much). However, you should be aware that you're making fun of your own future. Your time will come, and sooner than you think.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.