AxiomAudio Blog

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Positioning Floorstanding Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
0 registered (), 102 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13295 Members
11 Forums
22826 Topics
403251 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17741
pmbuko 16259
SirQuack 13318
CV 11144
MarkSJohnson 10832
Meanwhile On Facebook

A very fond farewell party last night . . . we miss you Noreen!

Hope everyone's got their summer favourite playlists cued up for the weekend! W...

(y) Love this customer review of the M2s! "the first time listening to my new a...

These LFR1100 speakers in custom Eggshell White are on their way to Taiwan (yes,...

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138938 - 05/21/06 02:26 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
In reply to:

Just because I’m a homophobe, doesn’t mean I think any less of them as human beings. Sleeping with another man is a thought that disgusts me….that’s all.

Being a "homophobe" connotes disgust with the person, not the act. You're digging yourself in deeper trying to rationalize / re-explain an attitude that's very clear to others already....

The slang doesn't help despite the fact that we understand you were not the originator of the terms....

#138939 - 05/21/06 05:12 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Tharkun Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tracy, California

Merriam - Webster Online Defines: Homophobia as irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

So stating that you are a homophobe but yet you don't think any less of them as human being is rather confusing to me. But now that I clearly understand your feelings on this topic, I really do recommend not attempting a business venture in California.

#138940 - 05/21/06 06:14 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
In reply to:

Don’t put words in my mouth or make your silly, half witted assumptions based off your never ending anger at the world.

First off, calm down a bit. Secondly: Who is this Peter with never ending anger at the world? Cause I sure as hell don't know him.

#138941 - 05/21/06 07:17 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Ken.C Offline

Loc: NoVA
I think I met him once, but he was really, really drunk at the time. Or maybe that was me.

#138942 - 05/21/06 07:36 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
Yes, but that's only temporary anger. I'm trying to figure out when never-ending came into it.

I mean, cause everyone here knows, Peter is an excessively serious and ill-tempered person.

#138943 - 05/21/06 08:56 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
I'm sure Spiff would have a few things to add if he was reading this thread....

#138944 - 05/21/06 09:17 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
Out of curiosity, how many of you have seen the movie? I enjoyed the movie but I have to admit I was a bit shocked at the tent scene, I don't think it did anything to enhance the film, and I don't think you could call it a gratuitous sex scene, so what was the point?

#138945 - 05/21/06 09:28 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I think the point of the scene was to evoke a response from the audience. I can't say I didn't feel awkward during the scene, but I certainly didn't "chicken out" and let a little man on man action ruin my enjoyment of a fine film.

Also, would we be talking about this movie if that scene didn't exist?

#138946 - 05/21/06 11:20 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
Haven’t ever looked up the definition of homophobia before. I just figure I was one, seeing how I’m very uncomfortable around homosexuals. Now that you’ve all taken the time to gang up on me and point out what that definition is, I do not believe I am one - as defined. But, please feel free to call me whatever you wish that makes you all feel better. I support the team culture, even if it is at my expense. Go TEAM!!

Mark S Johnson. I expect tactics like that from Peter and his loyal buddy Adam, but I thought you were bigger than that. Trying to twist my words to mean something that I clearly did not mean is wrong. I meant what I wrote. If someone’s sexual preference is the same sex, then so be it. I do not approve of it, but I do not hold the person in disgust. It is the act that I find disgusting, which is exactly what I wrote. I do not understand it, I don’t like it, and I don’t want my children exposed to it. That does not mean that the gay community in a whole is one that I am disgusted by. And by the way, go back and notice the parenthesis I put around fag drink. They actually mean something. Like….maybe I was quoting someone. You wanted opinions; you got one form the straight guy. And believe it or not, my opinion on this subject is not the minority.

For Peter’s anger, just do a search on his posts. Enough said. But you are all pretty tight, so I doubt you’d ever see him as anything but a wonderfully nice chap that never has anything derogatory to say to anyone.

Thanks for the advice Dennis. I’ll stay clear of California.

Let the flogging continue…………

#138947 - 05/22/06 12:55 AM Re: Funny or offensive?
DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Offline
veteran

Here in Portland, you'd be labelled much worse than a Homophobe. I haven't heard the terms, "fag, queer and negro" mentioned in the same breath since I was stationed in Mississippi.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.