AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Speaker Placement: Unusual Room Layouts and Elevating Speakers

Wall'O'Fame
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
HG Rosewoods Part 3
Who's Online
1 registered (CV), 56 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13313 Members
11 Forums
22855 Topics
403812 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17754
pmbuko 16268
SirQuack 13325
CV 11171
MarkSJohnson 10856
Meanwhile On Facebook

Hurry - sale ends Sunday!

Get a Gift Card Worth 20% of Your Purchase! Save hundreds!

Got your new In-Ceiling speakers yet? #atmosready http://axiomaudio.com/m3-in-c...

(y) Can't wait for the next evolution of surround sound to go mainstream!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#138938 - 05/21/06 02:26 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
MarkSJohnson Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Central NH
In reply to:

Just because I’m a homophobe, doesn’t mean I think any less of them as human beings. Sleeping with another man is a thought that disgusts me….that’s all.

Being a "homophobe" connotes disgust with the person, not the act. You're digging yourself in deeper trying to rationalize / re-explain an attitude that's very clear to others already....

The slang doesn't help despite the fact that we understand you were not the originator of the terms....

#138939 - 05/21/06 05:12 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Tharkun Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Tracy, California

Merriam - Webster Online Defines: Homophobia as irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.

So stating that you are a homophobe but yet you don't think any less of them as human being is rather confusing to me. But now that I clearly understand your feelings on this topic, I really do recommend not attempting a business venture in California.

#138940 - 05/21/06 06:14 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
In reply to:

Don’t put words in my mouth or make your silly, half witted assumptions based off your never ending anger at the world.

First off, calm down a bit. Secondly: Who is this Peter with never ending anger at the world? Cause I sure as hell don't know him.

#138941 - 05/21/06 07:17 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Ken.C Offline

Loc: NoVA
I think I met him once, but he was really, really drunk at the time. Or maybe that was me.

#138942 - 05/21/06 07:36 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
AdamP88 Offline
aficionado

Loc: Omaha, NE
Yes, but that's only temporary anger. I'm trying to figure out when never-ending came into it.

I mean, cause everyone here knows, Peter is an excessively serious and ill-tempered person.

#138943 - 05/21/06 08:56 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
I'm sure Spiff would have a few things to add if he was reading this thread....

#138944 - 05/21/06 09:17 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
HomeDad Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Central,California
Out of curiosity, how many of you have seen the movie? I enjoyed the movie but I have to admit I was a bit shocked at the tent scene, I don't think it did anything to enhance the film, and I don't think you could call it a gratuitous sex scene, so what was the point?

#138945 - 05/21/06 09:28 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
pmbuko Offline

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
I think the point of the scene was to evoke a response from the audience. I can't say I didn't feel awkward during the scene, but I certainly didn't "chicken out" and let a little man on man action ruin my enjoyment of a fine film.

Also, would we be talking about this movie if that scene didn't exist?

#138946 - 05/21/06 11:20 PM Re: Funny or offensive?
michael_d Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Up yonder
Haven’t ever looked up the definition of homophobia before. I just figure I was one, seeing how I’m very uncomfortable around homosexuals. Now that you’ve all taken the time to gang up on me and point out what that definition is, I do not believe I am one - as defined. But, please feel free to call me whatever you wish that makes you all feel better. I support the team culture, even if it is at my expense. Go TEAM!!

Mark S Johnson. I expect tactics like that from Peter and his loyal buddy Adam, but I thought you were bigger than that. Trying to twist my words to mean something that I clearly did not mean is wrong. I meant what I wrote. If someone’s sexual preference is the same sex, then so be it. I do not approve of it, but I do not hold the person in disgust. It is the act that I find disgusting, which is exactly what I wrote. I do not understand it, I don’t like it, and I don’t want my children exposed to it. That does not mean that the gay community in a whole is one that I am disgusted by. And by the way, go back and notice the parenthesis I put around fag drink. They actually mean something. Like….maybe I was quoting someone. You wanted opinions; you got one form the straight guy. And believe it or not, my opinion on this subject is not the minority.

For Peter’s anger, just do a search on his posts. Enough said. But you are all pretty tight, so I doubt you’d ever see him as anything but a wonderfully nice chap that never has anything derogatory to say to anyone.

Thanks for the advice Dennis. I’ll stay clear of California.

Let the flogging continue…………

#138947 - 05/22/06 12:55 AM Re: Funny or offensive?
DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Offline
veteran

Here in Portland, you'd be labelled much worse than a Homophobe. I haven't heard the terms, "fag, queer and negro" mentioned in the same breath since I was stationed in Mississippi.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.