Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New toys at the Hawaiian Hideaway
#144984 08/07/06 08:50 PM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Well, Heres whats going on... My parents built a house and we have a dedicated home theater room in it. So its my job to wire it and put it all together because im the only one who knows anything about that sort of thing..

Anyhow, we got our speakers on friday and WOW.. Just a quick rundown... The system will consist of the Epic 80 7.1 system with the Ep600, which by the way.. is HUGE, talk about impressive! As most of you old timers know, I have a set of M80's in my 2 channel system, but now they reside in our theater because I wanted to get something a bit different which ended up being M80v2's in HG cherry which is GEORGEOUS! if i did not know that it was fake veneer you cannot tell without looking close up with a flashlight. Its THATnice. Not to mention all the other upgrades from my older 80's, nicer posts, muuch nicer spikes, nicer packaging, nicer manual, and seemingly better sound! My old M80's were purchased in December 2002 so im not sure what changes exactly were made to the internals since then, however i did notice the xover layout a bit different and the changes in the polyfill, the way its's stuffed in. Did i mention the nicer posts?

And that geougeous finish... The grills are different, a bit stronger, and new way of attaching them, I never had a problem with them falling off before but this is admittadly better. Overall, im extremely happy with my refreshed axioms and its never ceases to please me with their customer service and product.

the only thing about the high gloss, which i got at the special regular price is that it shows fingerprints, Alot... Which is a problem with such nice speakers because you cant keep your hands off them

And did i mention that they even are labeled as custom made for me. This might not seem like a big deal but its definetly a nice touch, speakers custom built just for me.now who else can say that, those people with their paradigms and energy's... Agh they just throw em off the shelf.

But i know what you guys are really intersted in is the theater, Well. no pics of that just yet but lets just say its going to kick some serious ass!

The axiom setup powered by a B&K AVR507 with a denon dvd 2910 and hopefully a 110" screen lit up with a Infocus 7205.

Well thats got some work to do yet, and some stuff to be ordered so until thats done, i only have some pics of my 2 channel/ht setup. here:

Haoleb's Audio

did i say i am completely impressed with the New M80's. Man that finish makes the boston cherry look ugly.

Re: New toys at the Hawaiian Hideaway
Haoleb #144985 08/07/06 10:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Brandon those speakers are absolutely gorgeous and I am so jealous, makes my BC finish look drab. Nice system and very nice layout...thanks for the pics, now I can see what my next upgrades should be.

Rick
Our Room

smile
Haoleb #144986 08/07/06 10:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Brandon, those are, flat out, the best looking Axioms I've ever seen. WOW! They are beautiful!

I am confused by this statement. "...if i did not know that it was fake veneer..." Not sure what you mean by "fake" veneer. Surely that is the real wood veneer, and not the vinyl veneer, isn't it? if it is, indeed, the wood veneer, then you are looking at real wood, but merely a thin layer (a veneer) of it on top of MDF, rather than the speaker being solid cherry all the way through. Did, by chance, you mean you're amazed that it is veneer, and not solid wood?

If that's actually the vinyl veneer, it's the most beautiful vinyl veneer job I've ever seen. Regardless, I'm awed by how good those speakers look. WOOF!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Haoleb #144987 08/07/06 10:33 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Interesting...

When I saw the pictures I really thought the HG Cherry speakers were veneer, not vinyl. They sure do look nice, don't they.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
bridgman #144988 08/07/06 11:14 PM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Actually it is the vinyl veneer. The ones that were in the last newsletter. And believe me it looks very real. I love them. To be honest I was looking at them very closely yesterday when i was taking the pictures and I thought for a while they might actually be real wood, only when under close inspection with a flashlight shining on them cuold i see slight hints of being vinyl.

They are hard to get pictures of because of the gloss, and my room's light. But believe me. Im very impressed with them.

Haoleb #144989 08/07/06 11:41 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Super nice speakers, the room is also very well done. I like your setup.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Haoleb #144990 08/08/06 02:40 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Superb pictures Haoleb.
That finish does look quite amazing. I'm keen on seeing some of the wood finishes sometime soon.
What has always thoroughly impressed me is the DEPTH of the M60s and M80s. They really are huge speakers especially in their price ranges. They dwarf the depths of many others and the M80s stand significantly taller than most typical box units.
This picture especially shows how deep they are.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Haoleb #144991 08/08/06 03:24 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Quote:

Actually it is the vinyl veneer.

AMAZING! They look absolutely terrific!

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
chesseroo #144992 08/08/06 04:09 AM
veteran
veteran
Yes, they are deep. I outlined my room on graph paper since I haven't moved yet and I drew everything to scale. I had to keep double checking my measurements.

DrunkenWolf #144993 08/08/06 09:58 PM
Haoleb Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Not sure if everyone else had seen it but, you can still get the HG cherry finish for regular price... Which, is a NICE uprade if you ask me.

High Gloss Finish SALE

I forgot to metion the "new speaker smell" I had my house locked up and so when i came home yesterday I was nearly knocked down with the overwhelming smell of... somewhat like dirty socks. Man, it would be something if new speakers smelled like a new refer, or car

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,946
Posts442,492
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters