Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: basic starting question from a newb
Foghorn #150010 10/26/06 12:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Foghorn, Sorry I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I also own some Polks that I use in a spare bedroom, sound for price wise Imo they can't compete with the Axioms.
When I compared Bose to Polk I wasn't comparing quality or sound, just the fact that are both available in most large retail stores and the consumer is paying for that.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Re: basic starting question from a newb
HomeDad #150011 10/27/06 04:57 PM
local
local
Fair enough, HomeDad. No apology necessary.

"When I compared Bose to Polk I wasn't comparing quality or sound, just the fact that are both available in most large retail stores and the consumer is paying for that."

Agreed. I just get the impression that at Polk there is a commitment to making high quality products at an affordable price that is similar to Axiom ("If you get the best sound you can, and price it fairly, the product will sell" - as opposed to "How good does the sound have to be to sell a lot of these for a lot of profit?". The way they market/sell does put them at a disadvantage for any given product. I have helped several friends select speakers and I tell them that if they can get any of the good Polk products that are in the Axiom price range (RTi series, CSi center channel series) they should look for them on sale at about 25% off retail to find something comparable in terms of quality and price (compared to Axiom).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,946
Posts442,492
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters