Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Why do my QS8s sound better than my VP150?
Ken.C #164749 04/25/07 07:55 PM
H
H
There is definitely a pattern of neglect here that seriously needs to be addressed. The damage to the boxes is unacceptable at best. Second and maybe more important to Axiom and even DHL is that anyone could claim they never received their speakers if they didn't sign.

bhull #164750 04/26/07 07:49 AM
J
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
J
Quote:

I wonder if there are some sort of shipping alternatives available, like specifyig pickup at the shipper so the packages can be inspected and signed for, and if you do accept it, maybe a way to annotate the damage if any.

You can have the sender ship the items "hold for pick up" and the packages should be at the depot waiting for you, at least where I work.

I know Fed Ex and UPS drivers are not to return to the depot at the end of the day with anything on their trucks, so they just drop the stuff off and away they go. The courier companies end up taking a loss on the shipping if the parcels go out for redelivery on a truck.

So far as the damage goes, usually the heavy items should be placed at the bottom of a 9' high block load of packages in the trailers, so it is conceivable that the boxes simply burst open from the weight, then get torn open further from rough handling. I agree this isn't acceptable, but the view of the shipping companies is that any damage is the fault of poor packaging. The insurance clause on the waybills is only if the item is lost, not damaged.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
Re: EP500 & DHL*?@#_*!
Theo #164751 04/26/07 08:00 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

I thought my delivery problem to South Louisiana was unique, but after reading this thread, may be time to try the other guys in the delivery deptartment!

DHL set my EP500 by my back door (no knock or doorbell...thus, no signature), bottom side up! The box sealing tape on the bottom was shreaded to hell and the 8 holding staples on the bottom were Gone (sub was open to the world)!! The top of the box, which had now become the bottom, wasn't in much better shape! There was a slight gash to one side, but no breach to the overall container! How or why the sub never fell out of the opened box over it's 2000+ mile treak is beyond me!!!? I complained directly to DHL, suggesting they pushed the container on the highways all the way from Canada!

But the good news is that the great packaging of the sub by Axiom (dense, thick foam w\ 4" air gape surrounding the sub from box walls) protected it from any damage, cosmetics were perfect and so is it's performance!

Ted

I, too am in South LA, Slidell to be exact, but no one knows where that is - it's just easier to say New Orleans. My shipment arrived all at once, required a signature, and like most of the comments here, I had a couple of damaged boxes. The EP500 had a huge gash in it as did an M80 box, but due to Axioms packing technique, there was no cosmetic damage whatsoever. I did wind up with a loose connection on the sub that took all of 5 minutes to correct.
Other than that, even a pink noise test was fairly uniform throughout the 7.0 system. The first time I heard a test tone from the 0.1 portion I honestly thought it was an earthquake! My last surround system didn't have a test tone for the sub, so I was quite surprised when it hit.

Scott

Scott

My HT
jakewash #164752 04/26/07 08:30 AM
bhull Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Quote:

I know Fed Ex and UPS drivers are not to return to the depot at the end of the day with anything on their trucks, so they just drop the stuff off and away they go. The courier companies end up taking a loss on the shipping if the parcels go out for redelivery on a truck.

So then whats the point of a "Signature required" delivery if they are going to leave it at the delivery location regardless of if you are there or not?

Quote:

So far as the damage goes, usually the heavy items should be placed at the bottom of a 9' high block load of packages in the trailers, so it is conceivable that the boxes simply burst open from the weight, then get torn open further from rough handling. I agree this isn't acceptable, but the view of the shipping companies is that any damage is the fault of poor packaging. The insurance clause on the waybills is only if the item is lost, not damaged.

I don't think this is the case here. My stuff didn't burst open from being on the bottom. If you go back and look at the photos I posted, it it quite obvious the M80 was dropped on its corner from quite a distance up. And for being torn open from rough handling, I don't see how a company can take that into account and pack for it. How do you pack something up expecting it to be torn open in shipping? I feel it is the responsibility of the shipping company to at least handle these deliveries with a minimum of care as to prevent serious breaches in the container.

bhull #164753 04/26/07 03:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Quote:

So then whats the point of a "Signature required" delivery if they are going to leave it at the delivery location regardless of if you are there or not?

For UPS on a signature required delivery, the parcel always has to be signed for. On a normal parcel delivery if you live in a area that is considered to be fairly safe the drivers can DR (driver release the parcel).
UPS as well as Fedex will pay for packages lost or damaged on delivery.
I had 25 years working in that industry, from what I have seen and in my own experience, on a consistent basis nobody handles parcels worse than DHL.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
HomeDad #164754 04/26/07 06:38 PM
K
old hand
old hand
K
Interesting. I had a mixed experience with DHL.

The good: My speakers actually came a day early. The driver explained that he saw them there at the depot waiting to be put on the truck. He saw that they were for delivery tomorrow, but thought he had better get them on the truck sooner than later since they seemed to be some really nice stuff. Very nice driver, not the surly type you get from time to time.

The bad: Large gash in the side of one of the M60 boxes. I'm talking about a gash so large I could fit my hand through it to inspect the side of the speaker without opening the box. It seems that the "gash in the side of the box" is a recurring theme with DHL. Luckily nothing was damaged.

Ken. VaSSallo Series M60v2, VP100v2, QS8v2 SVS SB12-Plus
Krich #164755 04/27/07 01:46 PM
old hand
old hand
I too had a huge problem with DHL with my order. More then one box was damaged - one speaker was scratched as well. DHL was horrible to deal with - then again, I've always had a problem with them in my area. I prefer Fed-Ex (Personal opinion, and a good track record im by area.) It all comes down to your area, and people who work in the given place. My EP-600 had gash in the box large enough to stick both my hand in. The sub was fine however, but I cringe at the thought if had been raining.
Meanwhile the rip in my M80 box was clearly done by a fork lift which had gone far enough to scratch the speaker cabinet. All these problems and yet I had received a shipment of Axioms for my brother just a week previous without a flaw. Like I said, it's all up the people handling the shipment. DHL however was so rude in dealing with this problem - to shut me up the sent me a prepaid 1 lb envolope to use anytime I wanted. Obviously piss, I used to send a peice of my cat's shit (neatly placed in a zip-lock bag) to the head of customer services apologizing in advance if the zip-lock bag had broken it was due to their poor handling. ...I never heard from them.

alan #164756 04/27/07 02:17 PM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Oh bugger, I knew that $200 credit was too good to be true.

ditcin #164757 04/27/07 02:17 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

... Obviously piss, I used to send a peice of my cat's shit (neatly placed in a zip-lock bag) to the head of customer services apologizing in advance if the zip-lock bag had broken it was due to their poor handling. ...I never heard from them.

Wow, did you really do that?

The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail. --Lindborg
ditcin #164758 04/27/07 04:38 PM
bhull Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Quote:

I used to send a peice of my cat's shit (neatly placed in a zip-lock bag) to the head of customer services apologizing in advance if the zip-lock bag had broken it was due to their poor handling. ...I never heard from them.

The way they handle packages, the envelope was probably torn in transit...leaving fluffy's steaming turd on the floor of someones shipping truck. The head of CS probably got the half of the envelope with the mailing label and nothing inside.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 1,035 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup