AxiomAudio Blog

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Outdoor Speaker Placement

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (CV, Spoiler, pmbuko), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13323 Members
11 Forums
22902 Topics
404773 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17783
pmbuko 16282
SirQuack 13337
CV 11212
MarkSJohnson 10911
Meanwhile On Facebook

Ian and Andrew join in the debate about whether or not people want uncompressed...

󾓶 The first review of the LFR880s is out! "If you are adding or upgrading stere...

So much going on in this month's newsletter - new product announcements, a new v...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167885 - 05/10/07 02:58 PM Mountain Bikes
jimmienorton Offline
veteran

Loc: maryland
Does anyone ride here? I used to ride about 40 miles a day years ago,but then I got into motocross and I put on about 15 pounds over the years. So Im going back on the wagon and riding again,boy am I out of shape. Its going to take a couple of months just to get back to feeling ok after I ride. Does anyone know some good places to ride around Washington DC? I have some great spots in Southern Maryland, but im always looking for a change.I love downhill and have a GT IDrive 3.0 with full suspension.

#167886 - 05/11/07 02:07 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: jimmienorton]
jakewash Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
I used to ride more as well, seem to go for a run more now, as I find it difficult to get out to the trails in Kananaskis country. If you are ever up this way I would highly reccommend a ride in K-country. I rode to work for 7 years until I changed jobs and started working evenings. I now come home from work at 2:00AM and would be going through a field with coyotes in it, so I don't ride to work anymore.

I have never owned a bike as nice as yours. I just bought a new Kona Blast to replace an 11 year old GT Tequesta. It was cheaper to get a new bike than upgrade the old one. My 7 year old son now has a Kona (B-day present today)and I am hoping he will come out/ask for some trail rides with me. I am pretty sure he will at least ride his new bike beside me while I run, should make for a good summer.

My HT

#167887 - 05/14/07 07:10 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: jakewash]
jimmienorton Offline
veteran

Well had my first good spill and broke my toe and a little road rash. I'll just have to limp around a bit, thats not getting in the way of riding.

#167888 - 05/14/07 08:51 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: jimmienorton]
jakewash Offline

I know the pain......Broken my toes a few times myself, glad to hear you are not letting it stop you.

My last good spill I ended up on the handle bars and broke a couple of ribs, wrecked the front rim and had to run(late for a camping trip) the 2 miles home(I was goofing around in the field on my way home from work one day). I still feel the ribs once in awhile and that was 7 years ago.

My HT

#167889 - 05/14/07 10:51 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: jakewash]
pmbuko Online   content

Loc: Leesburg, Virginia
My one mountain biking accident happened on the first day of summer after my freshman year of high school and was caused by a deep rut at the bottom of a relatively short but steep hill. I was trying to impress my riding buddy by not using my brakes on the way down. I hit the rut and that's about the last thing I remember before waking up with a concussion about 30 seconds later. Upon hitting the rut, the handlebars ripped from my hands and turned 90 degrees. My head/helmet smashed into one side of the handlebars, and my collarbone hit the column, causing a hairline fracture. My friend said I was totally out of it and was babbling nonsense as we walked the biked back the mile or so to my house.

I'm really glad I was wearing a helmet.

#167890 - 05/15/07 01:57 AM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: jakewash]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Quote:

My last good spill I ended up on the handle bars...

Mine, I was riding with a friend on the bike path up near the river here that leads to a park... a medium sized dog ran out in front of me, went to take a bite out of my buddy, it got a bit freaked out at something and took off in front of me again... hit it doing about 35km/h... luckily I'd just gotten the bike and didn't have toeclips installed yet, I went over the bars, landed on my palms and elbows and remember thinking to myself "wow, my sunglasses are really flying far.. I must... OH **** THAT HURTS!"

Had a fine wrist sprain and my arms looked like someone had spit chewed gristle out on their plate... but I rode home the 4km or so in 7th gear with my arms up.

I took the biggest beating of my adult life from something named "Elmo" - how sad is that?

Bren R.

#167891 - 05/15/07 08:06 AM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: BrenR]
MarkSJohnson Online   happy

Loc: Central NH
One time when I was a kid, one of the playing cards I put in my spokes came loose.

I had to pull over and reattach it.

Sometimes I still wake up in the middle of the night, sit bolt upright drenched in sweat, realizing that my bike took on the tone of a YZ250 instead of an RM250.

To this day, I don't put cards in my spokes.

Shudder.

#167892 - 05/15/07 01:43 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: MarkSJohnson]
BrenR Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Winnipeg MB Canada
Future Honda riders don't put cards in their spokes.

Bren R.

#167893 - 05/15/07 02:26 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: BrenR]
jimmienorton Offline
veteran

Maybe I should get a helmet for my bike,I always wear one with my YZ250.

#167894 - 05/15/07 05:06 PM Re: Mountain Bikes [Re: pmbuko]
jakewash Offline

Quote:

and was caused by a deep rut at the bottom of a relatively short but steep hill.
I'm really glad I was wearing a helmet.

Are you sure you hadn't followed me down the hill That sounds exactly like my fall. I was going down a hill and there was some pathway construction happening. I hadn't noticed the drainage ditch that was dug into the bottom area of the hill.....SPLAT!CRUNCH! and a few other Batman sounds.

My HT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.