AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
4 registered (INANE, MarkSJohnson, richeydog, fredk), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22947 Topics
405863 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10968
Meanwhile On Facebook

Here's hoping you get what you really want this year! What could be better than...

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1779 - 02/21/02 08:23 PM 2 Channel Receivers?
russvols Offline
frequent flier

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Just seeing if anyone out there has any suggestions for two channel receivers that I should consider? I currently have a Sony GA8 ES receiver that I am using in a two channel music/home theater system in a 27 X 14 room with a pair of M-60's. This receiver is beginning to show it's age a bit. I am looking for good sound and simplicity. From some preliminary searching the following models have caught my eye...Yamaha RX-777, HK-3470, Denon DRA-685, and the Nakamichi RE-10. From a looks standpoint the HK would match my HK-DVD50. Thanks in advance.

#1780 - 02/21/02 08:51 PM Re: 2 Channel Receivers?
BBIBH Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
A lot of models in the receiver world are incorporating multi channel output stages. Do you require the tuner section of the receiver? If not you could find a quality integrated, or preamp amplifier combo. If you do, then some of these manufacturers offer receivers. You can also add a tuner later if you find you need one.

You did not mention budget, but assuming under $1k, I will throw out some names in addition to the brands you have named:
NAD, Rotel, Arcam, Cambridge, Creek, Naim, Vectuer. These manufacturers all design quality midfi-hifi gear, but some do not offer receivers - only integrated and separates. All of these are solidly built, but you should check the models for power ratings that you may require.

Regards,

BBIBH

Mike

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.