AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Experimental Atmos
Greetings fellow Axiom owners...
Who's Online
3 registered (oakvillematt, brwsaw, MarkSJohnson), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13329 Members
11 Forums
22920 Topics
405216 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17789
pmbuko 16289
SirQuack 13341
CV 11236
MarkSJohnson 10942
Meanwhile On Facebook

Did you get your "Golden Email"? The great gift certificate email giveaway star...

Here's a helpful article for everyone looking at putting a new stereo or home th...

Interesting article about who's getting the money from streaming radio services...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1779 - 02/21/02 08:23 PM 2 Channel Receivers?
russvols Offline
frequent flier

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Just seeing if anyone out there has any suggestions for two channel receivers that I should consider? I currently have a Sony GA8 ES receiver that I am using in a two channel music/home theater system in a 27 X 14 room with a pair of M-60's. This receiver is beginning to show it's age a bit. I am looking for good sound and simplicity. From some preliminary searching the following models have caught my eye...Yamaha RX-777, HK-3470, Denon DRA-685, and the Nakamichi RE-10. From a looks standpoint the HK would match my HK-DVD50. Thanks in advance.

#1780 - 02/21/02 08:51 PM Re: 2 Channel Receivers?
BBIBH Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
A lot of models in the receiver world are incorporating multi channel output stages. Do you require the tuner section of the receiver? If not you could find a quality integrated, or preamp amplifier combo. If you do, then some of these manufacturers offer receivers. You can also add a tuner later if you find you need one.

You did not mention budget, but assuming under $1k, I will throw out some names in addition to the brands you have named:
NAD, Rotel, Arcam, Cambridge, Creek, Naim, Vectuer. These manufacturers all design quality midfi-hifi gear, but some do not offer receivers - only integrated and separates. All of these are solidly built, but you should check the models for power ratings that you may require.

Regards,

BBIBH

Mike

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.