Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Peter Jackson confirms Blu-ray Lord of the Ri
terzaghi #209884 05/29/08 10:37 PM
local
local
Loud as in the machine itself? I haven't ever heard mine going in any situation myself.

Do we need to direct you to this ? You just need to get creative! ;\)

Steve
terzaghi #209885 05/29/08 10:38 PM
H
aficionado
aficionado
H
 Originally Posted By: terzaghi
I think the PS3 will be too loud... plus i am not sure if I can swing another gaming system past the GF. I really don't want to have to watch bluray movies with the controller though. I actually like my denon 3808 remote and use it for my hd dvd player... would like to do the same with a bluray player.
I haven't completely ruled out the ps3 as a bluray player...

My PS3 is on par with XBOX360 in terms of loudness. When the fan kicks in, it's quite loud (40GB model). Well, let me qualify the statement. When I play GTA4, the fan kicks in quickly and stays on for a LONG time. I haven't really tried too many blu-ray movies because I have a Samsung 1400 that does a nice job.

So make sure you consider the fan noise if you guys are planning on using the PS3 as a BD player.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers
Hansang #209912 05/30/08 11:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Actually, the newer models of the 40GB supposedly have fixed the problem. My brother got a 40GB PS3 about 3 weeks ago and called to ask me why I had prepared him for such a loud machine. According to him, it runs fairly cool and almost never goes into "jet engine mode" like my 60GB from about a year ago does. Honestly, getting rid of the excessive heat and noise is s almost enough for me to sell mine and buy one of the newer ones.

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry
Hutzal #209918 05/30/08 02:36 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: Hutzal
 Originally Posted By: Murph

George Lucas, I give you one last chance. I'm going to see Indiana Jones tonight. I am confident or at least hopeful that Spielberg will be able to pull your butt out of the Sesame Street like world you fell into.

Good luck with that, perhaps choose a different film that involves george lucas if you are giving him one last chance...

Hey Hutz,
Not sure I get your meaning here. His name is all over it.
Story By....
Based on Characters By...
Executive Producer

That aside.
Saw it last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it for what I expected it to be. An old fashioned action adventure full of stunts and (as mentioned above) less than realistic survivals from impossible odds. Harrison Ford was still the definitive Indie Jones. No younger man could have done it better.

However, I'm not sure I enjoyed where they went with it for the ending.

Spoiler but only if you think hard about it.

I don't want to give it away but I think most people will guess where the ending is going after the opening scenes. It was OK but going in that direction just didn't seem to fit the genre as well as I would have liked. Although I know there are many theorists who would say it's very plausible based on ancient drawings and paintings.

Also, it seemed a bit of direct rip off from another movie that definitely did better fit the ending. There were even many other similarities. Killer bees to Killer ants, etc...

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,947
Posts442,495
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters