AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
EP175v4 with M3v4
Jungle's HT
Who's Online
2 registered (JohnK, chesseroo), 54 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22944 Topics
405797 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11270
MarkSJohnson 10965
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#22265 - 10/15/03 04:20 PM Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
spiffnme Offline
axiomite

Loc: Los Angeles
You should see my bf's forearms. It's funny. His right forearm is literaly 50% bigger than his left. Tennis - not pot stirring.

#22266 - 10/17/03 06:16 PM Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
Amie Offline
connoisseur

This is great! Joe and I were talking about shooting all the custom finish boards with all the grille cloths - we have a fun new camera on order - but the interactive aspect is also a great idea! Axiom has a new staff member coming on board in November who's a bit of a pro at all this stuff, so expect neat changes like this to be coming through as soon as he gets used to the constant mandatory listening tests - oh, the torture! I will get this on his list - thanks for the suggestions! We also heard from Ryan that another speaker company who I won't link to also has great hi-res options. We've always been dial-up sensitive, but I think if you can click deeper and deeper into these options for more detail then we have the best of both worlds.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

#22267 - 10/18/03 08:02 AM Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
Zarak Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PA
If you are worried about speed for dial up users (ahhh, I almost can forget what that modem dialing noise sounds like it's been so long since dial up) you could do a low bandwidth and high bandwidth version, perhaps the low one will just have pictures, but the high one will have something where you can click on one speaker, then a grill and it puts it on. Click a different grill and it takes off the old and puts on the new one...something a little more interactive basically.

#22268 - 10/19/03 09:04 PM Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
Ken.C Offline
shareholder in the making

Loc: NoVA
As someone who is considering purchasing a custom finish within 6-8 months (as soon as I pay some stuff off...), I'd love to see such a page. The only problem I see is the color calibration thing. Lemme tell you, the finishes sure look different between my PC and Mac (and yes, I've got the same type of monitor on both).

As a tangent, if I were to buy a system, and I wanted different finishes for the surrounds than the front/center, would that cost more? (I know, talk to Amie directly, etc...)

#22269 - 10/19/03 09:30 PM Re: a thought for viewing the latest custom finish
DJ_Stunna Offline
aficionado

Loc: Baltimore. MD. USA (but born a...
Thats why people should use the industry standard Digital Photography Gamma 2.2 calibration and properly calibrate not only the monitor settings but also the profile (in windows at least) with "Monitor Calibration Wizard."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.