AxiomAudio Blog

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Axiom’s Newest Speaker: The In-Ceiling M3

Wall'O'Fame
Greg's pseudo-HT room
EP175v4 with M3v4
Who's Online
7 registered (fredk, chesseroo, alan, MarkSJohnson, bridgman, J. B.), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13336 Members
11 Forums
22946 Topics
405853 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17809
pmbuko 16298
SirQuack 13344
CV 11273
MarkSJohnson 10967
Meanwhile On Facebook

Shopping made easy! Need it by the 24th? Upgrade to air shipping for just $20!...

Just two more days! Better tell your gift-givers! http://axiomaudio.com/holida...

So many people took advantage of the weekend sales! Lots of auditioning about t...

Only a few hours left to get a gift card worth up to 25% of your purchase! http:...

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2409 - 04/02/02 07:26 PM Matching sub to system
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am on a tight budget. If I buy the VP150, M22s, and QS8s, do I need to buy an EP350 or can I use another manufacturer's. I like the EP350, but that is a large part of my budget and I know I can get other subs for less. Would this be a mistake or should I stick to the same brand for all speakers?

#2410 - 04/02/02 07:56 PM Re: Matching sub to system
ravi_singh Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Montreal
JohnG

you could also consider the EP 175, if you cannot afford the EP 350.

a subwoofer is less of a problem matching than, say, your fronts and center, but it is my preference for sound and appearance to have all the same company speakers.

which other subs are you considering? surely other members would have insight on other subs you are thinking of buying.

#2411 - 04/03/02 02:52 PM Re: Matching sub to system
jonesr Offline
regular

I just purchased an Axiom setup, but I already had an Adira Rava sub. One of the best subs for the price, $399, sealed 12" 250W. Just do a search on any of the home theater forum sites and you will find lots of info on it. I just got the M60, VP150, QS8 and the sub fits right in with it. I got the sub in back so it doesn't match my nice boston cherry Axioms but black works with most speaker looks. Performace wise I think any quality sub can be made to blend in with other speakers. As long as its calibrated to work with them. Just look at all of the SVS owners out there.......

#2412 - 04/07/02 06:12 PM Re: Matching sub to system
BBIBH Offline
connoisseur

Loc: Canada
As the others posted to this thread have mentioned, a sub is less critical of matching the compliment of speakers around it. Simply aim for balance in your purchases as compared to the satellite speakers.

There are numerous sub manufacturers that make quality pieces. Some are better than the models mentioned, some are worse. However, as you indicated your budget is the limiting factor. If you plan your purchases, you can probably colour match all pieces.

Mike

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.